Thursday, August 11, 2011

White floors with touches of aqua and silver

As I've been searching the internet for white floors, I've become intrigued by  clean, fresh colors.  Any color can be used as a neutral.  One of my favorites is aqua.  Aqua when used as a neutral is clean and peaceful.  I love it paired with silver.  Here are a couple of rooms whose ethereal beauty has me swooning. 
Oh how I love this room!  Let me count the ways.  The white floor, of course.  The capis wall.  The funky dining room table and chairs and the chandelier.  The beautifully displayed pottery collection all in various shades of aqua.  Simply stunning!  Image via Design Crisis.
The simplicity of this room has me swooning.  Love the white, silver and the pop of aqua from the lamp.  I adore that lamp.  There was a similar lamp offered at West Elm a couple of years ago.  Should've ordered it!  I am obsessed with the tall, vertical shade.  Room designed by Marie Burgos.
I featured this room recently (see previous post, here).  I just love it.  This may be the color scheme for my next place.

3 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I love that lamp too. I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate modern into my new house. IF I ever sell this place. Everything I have is country farmhouse/cowboy. I like it. But I like a lot of things! I have a strong craving for modern lately. I blame you! lol Anyway, I painted the wood floor in my last farmhouse white. Everything was white in that room and shades of cream.

Peggy said...

Hi Debi, I'd love to see the white floors in your farmhouse. I can't wait to see the modern scheme you come up with!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I'm e-mailing you a picture.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin