Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Art Work

It was another busy weekend creating art.  Such is the life of an extreme freelancer.  It's all good.  Art makes me happy.
Untitled, 2011, 16" x 20", acrylic on canvas.  I was bad, I know I was supposed to leave those acrylics alone.  But they are so damn seductive.  I did a simple - but not easy - color blocking work.  I'm really loving blue.
Detritus Robot, 16" x 20", cut paper.  The idea for this work came about as I was cleaning up the yard.  Again.  The litter in the neighborhood keeps getting worse and worse.  Beer bottles, wine bottles, fast food wrappers, cigarette wrappers everwhere!  I wished I had a robot to clean up the mess.  And here she is.  I think she'd make a great vinyl toy.
I wish I were a video artist.  I'd make a video of her.  I can see her movements, her head kind of moves back and forth like a metronome.  She makes a ticking noise when she moves.  I started working on a graphic novel about the adventures of this robot happily cleaning up the ghetto.  I know, I'm a bit crazy.  And it's not like I don't have two million other projects to work on.  And, yes, I'm an insomniac.  Want more crazy characters?  Here's a fun flickr group devoted to this topic (link).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin