Saturday, August 6, 2011

Color Scheme: Pink, Black, White, Gray and Yellow

You've heard the rule before - don't match your art to your decor.  This is one rule I usually break.  Art can stand alone, afterall it's art!  There's only one rule.  That you love it!  My apartment is my color lab, and in my experiments I often do the opposite of matching the art to decor.  That is, I often design a room around the art.   The above painting is one I executed recently (and described below).  A new painting will often inspire me to experiment with moving things around in my apartment.   Oops!  I only noticed the red peaking out on the sofa just now.  Styling is a lot harder than it looks.  I've already dismantled the room, and I'm too lazy to recreate it at the moment.
This version of my apartment only lasted a day.  I already have my next version planned and it is going to center around art.  I adore this color scheme:  pink, black, white, gray and  yellow.  I may take this scheme to the extreme when I move to a new apartment.  I'd love to paint the walls a beautiful dove gray and to add silvery accents.
Asian pops fit in almost any decor.  I know you are wondering where I got that fab pink vase.  I'm always on the look out for pink vases, but they are hard to find in modern shapes.  I really love this one.  It was only $5.00 from Etsy shop owner The Bed Post 02.
I love the simplicity of this lamp, but that shade is all wrong.
I'd love to have a tall, oversized vertical shade.  This one would work well.  I'd probably have to have it custom made.  Oh well, one more thing to procrastinate about.  Image via Kay Loves Vintage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin