Monday, August 29, 2011

Yellow Eyeshadow or the Face as Canvas

Today was one of those typical Mondays.  You know the kind, you have a fun weekend, and then bam!  You gotta come back to reality kicking and screaming.  So I thought we should postpone the reality for a little while.   Let's have some good girly fun, shall we?  What's more fun than makeup?  Not much.  When you live life as art, make up is another art form.  Faces are canvases.   Here's a great example.  I adore yellow eyeshadow.  It's a great color for summer.  Forget the fake tan and get some yellow eyeshadow.  It's the color of sunshine and it makes the face glow.  Yellow looks great with orange and with gray.  It looks great with purple and hot pink.  A little goes a long way, or a lot makes a dramatic statement.


I first discovered yellow eyeshadow when watching the gorgeous Annie Lennox in the Eurythmics' Love is a Stranger video.  This look fascinated me.  Yellow, orange and gray.  Would be perfect on a canvas.


Here's a look very similar to Annie's with yellow, orange and fab eyeliner. Love it with the two-toned hair.  Yellow eyeshadow can be wild, exotic, flamboyant.  But it can also be done in a demure way as the following couple pictures show.


This Betty Grable inspired look is updated and fresh.  A little coy and a little wicked at the same time.  Love the yellow shadow paired with fuchsia lips!  


Just a smattering of yellow in the middle of the lids, gives her a sunshiney look.  The always fabulous Doe Deere.  I just can't get enough of her.


Yellow shadow can be soft, especially when paired with pale lips.


This lovely creature sports an almost natural look with just a hint of yellow across the lids and pale lips.  Add to that a beautiful pale yellow blouse and tossled hair, and you have a wholesome, healthy and gorgeous summer look.


For a more dramatic look, yellow eyeshadow looks great with heavy liner and gray shadow in the corners.

DList Magazine, June 2011

For a daring look, this model wears the shadow under her eyes.  And dig that fab statement necklace.  Here are some totally dramatic looks, not for the faint of heart.  Any one of these lovely images would make a great painting, or great color scheme for a room.


Add purple to it.  Love the purple lashes and lips.  Image used by permission of Facebook user.  No link available at this time.  Please do not copy this picture without permission.


Or add hot pink, one of my favorites.


And yellow lips!  Too fab.


Yellow eyeshadow really brings out the beautiful color of this model's eyes.  Love the matching shadow, lipstick and scarf.


Fashion Bomb Daily


What do you think?  Would you ever try yellow shadow?  If you decide to try it, send me a picture and maybe I'll feature you here.  I'd love to produce a runway show with all the models wearing some variation of yellow eyeshadow, lipstick, nail polish, shoes.....  There's nothing to fear about yellow.  Try it on your face or in your home.  It's fun and sure to cheer you up!

Oh dear, I think I need these Christian Dior booties to go with my new yellow eye shadow.

4 comments:

belledame said...

love the new header. i kept thinking vintage cyndi lauper would show up in this post, but that would be pretty throwback.

Peggy said...

Thanks for the compliment. Hmmm. I may have to look for a pic of Cyndi Lauper. I adore her.

Stephanie said...

Came across this and wanted to thank you for including one of my looks in your blog. I'm the makeup artist behind the yellow lips photo by Devon Willson.

Peggy said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for contacting me! I love that look! I love to give artists credit for their work so I will be updating the post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin