Thursday, August 18, 2011

Doin' what I do

I love hot pink, it's always been this way.  It's been my favorite my whole life.  A new obsession for me is my love of organic objects.  I find these vases from adonde perfect (sorry, I don't know how to do Spanish characters).  They would fit in well with my Fall decor.  Only thing is, I am not spending money, so they will remain in my virtual collection.  They're probably not available in the U.S. any way.  But they sure are gorgeous.  Hot pink is not just for girls, and combining it in this way with wood and a simple shape makes it appropriate even for a guy's home.
Maybe I could make something like this.  The local craft store has some funky wood cylinders.  Maybe I could wrap some duct tape around them.  I'm intrigued by all the cool colors of duct tape that I've been seeing.  I've been wanting to make some art with the colorful tape.  I have a lot of great ideas, but execution is a problem.  I'm not a very good DIYer.

Remember my genie vase from CB2?
I broke it.  By accident.  But I still find it kind of interesting.  Perfect imperfection.  I took it to a glass shop, but they said they were not able to cut it.  Cleveland is woefully lacking in artisans.  Now I'm wishing I hadn't  dismantled my ugly and broken vase installation.
The Urban Outfitters catalog came in the mail today.  I adore the photography, and will you look at what the model is wearing!  A necklace made of colorful duct tape.  It's a sign from the cosmos.
So I bought a couple of roles at Target.  It was hard restricting myself to just two.  This could easily become another obsession.  I'm thinking I should've also bought a roll of turquoise, oh dear, obsessing already.  I love ordinary objects used as art.

And voila.  Here it is - my new genie/duct tape vase!  I think it's kinda groovy. Simple solutions are really the best.  That's my kind of DIY.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin