Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Three broken pieces of glass


Like many creative people, I love thrift stores, junk stores and vintage stores. I enjoy seeing little treasures and enjoy the possibility of seeing a beautiful object repurposed. I don't care about the value of a piece, only its aesthetics.

These three orphans were given to me by my favorite shop owner (for free) because they were broken. One is a piece of Fenton glass, which I had admired for a long time but was too expensive (see previous post). It is now missing its top. The shop owner knowing my love for damaged pieces, saved it for me.
They might be broken, but look at those fab shapes and colors! I glued them back together, and placed them in a place of prominence in my apartment. And I love them all the more for being broken but still standing majestically.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin