Friday, January 25, 2008

Confessions of an Obsessive Painter, Vol. IV

I seem to have two distinct styles of painting. Maximal and Minimal. Remember my new painting I showed you the other day?




Definitely maximal. Sometimes I can't leave well enough alone. I love to add layers and layers of paint to a canvas. This painting now looks like this:



This style is so fun. I listen to music - usually techno - and I dance with the canvas. It's almost as if the image appears on its own. I am merely the conduit, bringing forth the image inherent in the canvas. The process is as fascinating as the end result.

I love this style of painting, but prefer my minimal style in my decor. My thought was that I was going with purple for spring. But, I've changed my mind. I am still dearly in love with orange. Orange makes me unspeakably happy. And paired with turquoise it is even more sublime.

So I rearranged. Again. And edited my pottery. Again. It's an illness. And, okay, there's a small splash of purple. The glass vase above and the purple vase below are both from India.


TGIF. I have so many art projects (and so much editing) I'd like to work on this weekend. Who knows what my apartment will look like on Monday?



Is it 5:30 yet?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin