Sunday, January 20, 2008

Everything Should Be Beautiful

Do you have something in your home that needs to be replaced and everytime you use it, you make a mental note? There's a rule in decor that I've read many times. Everything in your home should be beautiful. I like to take it one step further, everything should be beautiful and functional. Which perhaps explains my fascination with vases. And even those pieces that are functional should be beautiful.



I have a confession to make. I don't cook much, my brother says it's because I don't have the proper tools. Perhaps he's right. I dream of having an airy, open kitchen. Maybe then I'd want to spend time in there. But I had ugly things in my kitchen that just wouldn't do. I am a believer in feng shui, anything that is broken, not functional or ugly should go. So in my quest to improve my chi, I finally replaced my oven mitt and cutting board.






Yikes! These have been replaced by the following:





Much better! Silicone pot holders, $1.99 and bamboo cutting board, $6.99 at Old Time Pottery.

What's hiding in your cupboards? If you don't use it, or if it's ugly or broken, let it go! Do you have any stories of things you need to let go? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin