Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More experiments in photography


I happily click images of severe angles, and I tend to look up as I walk. The Lake Erie sky is a constant source of fascination for me. In this series of pictures, which is an ongoing experiment, I place objects or buildings to the side and at an extreme angle. In so doing, I hope to show the insignificance of what humans build when compared to the sky. Conversely, I also hope to show the beauty of looking at something in a different way and how that complements the sky.


In these pictures, I had to crouch in doorways to get the angle.



Stay tuned for more in this series of angles and sky.

I also love experimenting with reflections. The following image amused me because not only was the window reflecting outside, but there was a mirror in the window reflecting inside and outside.







Whether painting or photographing, I feel compelled to show people how I see things. Perhaps this is a compulsion that artists share.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin