Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Apartment - The Sofa

I'd like to make my apartment look like a sensuous den by adding a sectional with lots of pillows. I like the idea of a sectional, because I wouldn't need chairs. Since that is not in the budget, I have to work with what I have. Here is what my sofa looks like:




Fortunately, it is cute, comfortable and sturdy. I bought it a couple of years ago in a vintage store for $200.00. If you don't have much money for a sofa, you are better off going the vintage route. Vintage sofas are built sturdier than new inexpensive sofas and are usually cuter. I love this sofa, but not the color. Since I don't sew, I shopped for slip covers.


Slip covers are costly. And I found them in only three colors: beige, brown or navy blue. So I decided on sheets. This set cost only $19.99 from Target.





It worked out great. It was easy to tuck the sheets in, they are fully washable and I can change the color on a whim.


I ordered silk pillow covers from Oriental Lifestyle. They came all the way from Thailand and were only $27.99 for the pair! Also included was a sweet card wishing me a Happy New Year, and inside it said "With Love." I was touched.



I adore my new pillows and slip cover! I may order more pillows when budget permits.


For now I have a shoji screen hiding my air conditioner. It was way too much of a pain putting it in to take it out for the winter. The screen is also providing draft control. I like throwing the curtains over it during the day. I really want to redo this screen by painting it white and replacing the rice paper with fabric. But I am way too lazy, I can't imagine that I'll ever get to it. For now I'm thinking of just hanging some lights on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually for apartment a sofa gives agreat look.For any apartment there are changes and for any change there are suitable sofas.This is another passion in an apartment.

----------
Chandani
http://www.singhalaya.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin