Monday, January 21, 2008

Wish I'd Painted That, Vol. II

Abbey Hendrickson is an absolutely fascinating artist. I can spend hours at her flickr site. She does the most amazing multi-media work. It's graphic and intellectual, yet soft too. SNL and I agree that these are pieces we could see hanging in our homes. I had a hard time deciding which ones to feature!





Abbey is a fascinating collector too. I just had to show her collection of wooden moms. I wish I still had my Fisher-Price set from childhood! I adore collections uniformly displayed like this. Collections of all the same object, but each one unique with subtle differences. Adorable! I wouldn't be surprised to see these images show up in a piece of Abbey's work.

Here is one of my favorite of her pieces. This one is near and dear to my heart, because Abbey later added more paint to it. I feel a kinship with her, because I do the same thing. A painting will sit for a while and more paint will be added.







All I can say is, "Wish I'd painted that!" Great work, Abbey, and thanks for being an inspiration. Abbey's flickr set is here. She's a got great blog too, with a catchy title. Aesthetic Outburst.

1 comment:

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Peggy,
I always say 'i wish I painted that" about other people's work! It's funny to know that other people say the same thing. Thanks for the shout out! Lovely blog btw.
Best,
Abbey

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin