Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Experimenting with Saturation

I've been a dabbler in photography for a long time. I don't know much about it, but I've always experimented with the making of images. Before digital photography, I tried to create angular, surreal images and images of objects in extreme closeup. Digital photography makes it so much easier. Since I am dearly in love with saturated colors, it seems natural to experiment with high saturation. (I love Picasa!) I've been carrying my camera everywhere with me, I can't seem to stop clicking. It's addictive!

Abbey's candy bracelet. She made this for me on Easter a few years ago. I adore it.

Votive candle holders. Here I've also experimented with soft focus.


Coaster. Here I've also experimented with the glow effect.


A mural. Photographing this mural was such a joy! I've admired it since I was a child. It brings back memories of my father taking us downtown for the Christmas parade. In those days it was such a thrill to come downdown and I used to think, "Oh boy, I get to see the mural!" To me it is the quintessential Cleveland shot. See my flickr set for the original color of this mural.


I'm thinking of trying the Rasterbator on the pictures of the bracelet and the votive candle holders. I've heard that it requires a lot of toner, which can get expensive. I imagine it's even worse with saturated colors. Does anyone have any experience with Rasterbator? If so, please contact me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin