Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Quick Word About Flickr - or 15 Minutes of Fame

I spent a great deal of time below talking about O'Keeffe, Steigletz and Warhol's influence on flickr. I won't waste time telling bloggers what a miracle flickr is, they already know. Recently, when this vast new world opened up to me, well, it changed my life. No kidding. I'm not just trying to be dramatic.

Looking at flickr confirmed my belief that everyone is creative. There is an artistic soul inside every human being. I can literally spend hours with an intriguing set, and it never ceases to amaze me how generous the people are being with their lives. Flickr is much more fascinating than TV or tabloids. And the "ordinary" people who share their lives are infinitely more fascinating than celebrities.

The mundane becomes sublime in flickr. Through this miracle I experience someone's trip to Sri Lanka, or Tibet, or Peru. And I might even see what meals they ate and what they bought from a street vendor. Or I see the way they set a table, or a craft they are proud of.

Through flickr I learned that there are celebrities of the internet. I can't help wondering if this is the 15 minutes Andy Warhol spoke of.

I would like to present various flickr artists as a regular theme on this blog. And the first is Jeana Sohn.

2 comments:

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

What a great idea to feature artists found through flickr.
Flickr rocks!

Looking forward to more lovely posts:-)

Peggy said...

Thank you arch, and thank you for continuing to visit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin