Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Love is to You, Boo

I'm feeling sentimental today. My nephews are on my mind, and thoughts of them are filling my entire being with joy. I'm babysitting on Saturday and just can't wait to spend time with them. I hope to have lots of new art from them to post. The home they share with their parents (my baby brother and sister-in-law) is beautiful and I hope to share that with you next week as well.

My nephews have no idea how they help me. They are a constant source of joy and inspiration to me. I couldn't love them anymore than if they were my own children. In fact, sometimes I look at them and it almost hurts because I get a lump in my throat. I am so grateful to my brother and sister-in-law for sharing their wonderful family with me. I would gladly give my life for either of them. There are so many things I want to share with them. If there is one thing I hope I've been able to teach them, it is this:

GG and GP - you can do anything. If anyone ever tells you can't do something, don't listen, they are lying.

To celebrate the love that is overflowing from the depth of my soul today, I would like to post a very dear piece of art that GG made in 2005. I will be producing this piece as a poster.


"The love is to you boo." December 2005. He was chronologically five years old when he created this. I say chronologically because my nephews are old souls. I used to call GG and GP "boo boo" and sometimes shortened it to boo. They probably don't remember this, but when I held them when they were babies, I would say "You're my boo."

GP and GG, I will love you:
Tracy Jenkins' poster from Village.

4 comments:

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

Your nephews are very special...specially blessed to have such a loving aunt!

Beautiful post Peggy.

Peggy said...

Thank you, Bhavna.

Vineeta said...

what a dear post! straight from the heart- without adulteration or editing or self consciousness. thats commendable. I feel similarly about my nephew as well- so i understand. Im missing him as i read this post.

Peggy said...

Thank you, Vineeta. I've always wanted to tell the whole world how much I love them. And now I have.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin