Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seattle - Pike Place Market

I'm almost done with my little tour of Seattle, and I thought I'd save the best for last.  Pike Place Market!  It's a wonderful place, full of great food, flowers, music, interesting people, wonderful energy.
I've seen this sign in so many places.  On flickr, in the movies.  I couldn't wait to photograph it.  It was surreal standing there in front of it.  It had been a dream of mine to go to Seattle for many years.  Unfortunately, since I am vertically-challenged and since it was crowded, I never did get a clear shot of it.  But that's okay.


The flowers in Seattle are absolutely stunning.  These beautiful bouquets were only $10.00 each!  If I lived there, I would have fresh flowers every week.


 Here's a view from the pier.

We went to the original Starbucks.  It seemed only fitting since my sister-in-law and I had our first chai tea together.  We didn't even know what it was at the time!  Now we are both hooked!  I couldn't get many pictures of the Starbucks since it was so crowded and the lighting was bad inside the store.  I did get this picture of the original logo.  When the logo first came out, it was controversial because the mermaid is topless.  What I want to know is why is her tail split in two?  Did she have a combination of tail and legs?
This sign is at the other end of the market.  I was happy to get a clear shot of it.

All images by Peggy

3 comments:

Mariana @ Daydreaming in the City said...

Ah, one of my favorite places in Seattle. I am planning on going there for dinner this Sunday night. Dreaming of scallops wrapped in bacon. Yumm.
Fish throwers watch out for my camera flashes! :)
Thanks for sharing the tour.
xxx
Mariana

Peggy said...

Hi Mariana, Thank you for all your kind comments! Yummy scallops. Looking forward to seeing your photos. xxoo

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I have that picture of the market too. I think I told you Kurt is from Seattle. It's a really cool place.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin