Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Seattle - Belltown

It amazes me how there are so many areas of the City of Seattle with their own character.  We actually cabbed it to Belltown from First Avenue because our feet were aching.  I was excited to see the store Chartruese, since I had read about it on several blogs.




The store was fun, but a little disappointing.  Everything in the store was fairly recognizable.  Alessi, Capellini, Blue Dot, etc.  That doesn't mean that it wasn't fun, though, just not packed with surprises.  The owner was rather snotty to us, which was a bit of a surprise as we had been treated so well every where else.  Still, I bought a cute little vase which was on sale.
Around the corner was a beautiful view of the Space Needle.
We rested in Starbucks for a while.  I sat in a comfy chair and put my feet up and almost fell asleep!  We were treated so well, it made up for the poor customer service we had received just a few minutes prior.  Starbucks is amazing when you think about it.  You can spend a couple of dollars and sit for hours.  They make you feel so welcome.  And the design.  I had read an article just the night before about the iconic design of Starbucks.  It should make you feel at home while you are away from home.  Amazing.  That's another thing about Seattle, they have a ton of alternative press.  Unfortunately, I couldn't stuff more in my suitcase.

This fab painting of The Flash was hanging in Starbucks.   Here's more of our walking tour of Belltown:




Here's some of the fab street art we saw:


All images by Peggy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin