Saturday, July 23, 2011

Photography - Sun Drenched

Dear readers, I've had a couple of busy weeks.  You know how it is.  Life.  It sometimes gets overwhelming.  When I get busy, I neglect my blog, but I miss it.  I spent a lot of time working on my Seattle posts, I love Seattle so much!  So I thought I'd spend a little time talking about one of my favorite pass times - photography - before I start obsessing about home decor and color again.  I have a lot of obsessions to share so stay tuned.

I adore photography.  I love taking pictures and I love looking at pictures others take.  Forget what you might have read about digital photography ruining the medium.  Sure, it's still great fun to learn analog if you have plenty of money to spend on the equipment, but many of us just don't have the resources.  With digital photography and the internet, everyone can have a voice, and I think that's cool.

Today I'd like to show some beautiful pictures from the web.  I love the lighting on these shots, they all look sun drenched and dreamy.

 Inmost Light via Design Squish.
 

Claudia Susana.
 
Judy Stalus.
Armas Design.
 Hound Design via Designlovefest.
Susannah Conway.

I'm going to give away some of my secrets.  Digital photo enhancing software is fun, and addicting.  I use a combination of Picasa and Picnik.  I also like Rollip, but haven't used it much lately.  Here's a way to achieve a sun-drenched look.  Use cross process in Picnik and then fill light in Picasa.  This is just one way.  The possibilities are endless.  Remember to have fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin