Thursday, January 21, 2010

Window Shopping

Hello dear readers! Just a quick post for now. Today was a beautiful sun-shiny day, so I decided to take a walk. I saw a couple of interesting things I'd like to share.
You already know that I adore white pottery, so I got terribly excited as I approached the window of this shop. I thought these vases were stoneware. On closer inspection, I was surprised to see that they are glass. They have the most amazing opalescent glaze. Really beautiful work.

I've never seen anything like this before! It's a curtain made of styrofoam! A great recycling project. I must go back and talk to this shop owner. I want to know if she made the curtain herself, and whether the styrofoam was already dyed that color. If I didn't have so many projects going on, I might take a stab at this. I will keep you posted when I learn more about this fascinating curtain. Beauty is everywhere I look. It never ceases to amaze me what talented artisans people are.

Update: I recently met Danielle DeBoe, the owner of Room Service, the shop where these cute curtains are hanging. For those who are curious, she did indeed make these curtains! I love them, and I love her shop. If you are looking for a cute, artsy gift with a little urban edge, Room Service is the place to go. It's in the heart of the Gordon Square Arts District.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin