Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some favorite rooms

Today I'd like to share some of my favorite rooms from my inspiration files. Nothing makes me swoon more than a beautiful room.

This one is not as modern as my taste usually leans. What does it for me is the white fireplace, blue art glass, white furry rug and that fab painting. If anyone knows the artist of this painting, please contact me. I would definitely edit out those shelves if it were up to me. I hate seeing the windows blocked like that. But overall, a great color scheme. Image Desire to Inspire.


Oh how jealous I am of this open kitchen! Also love the use of a standing lamp in lieu of a chandelier. Beth's family house tour via Apartment Therapy.

Rene's Bright and Sunny Artistic Home via Apartment Therapy. Love the pottery and the recessed shelving! Rene is a fascinating artist, her beautiful paintings are displayed throughout her home.

Using a sectional in a loft or a small place is so much more cohesive than a sofa and chairs. Check out the upper left-hand corner. Love the collection of lamps as art as well as the low scale shelf. Image Design Sponge.

Saarinen tables mixed with a Turkish vibe. Too cool. Love, love, love the pillows and the window. Image The Style Files.

I adore ethnic style, and this is a very fine example of it. This room also conforms to many of my decorating rules (written about below). Dig that disco ball. Unexpected light, check. Pillows, check. Large painting, check. Non-traditional coffee table, check. Love the Moroccan tray. Image Elle Decor.

Swoon. All white always does it for me. Love white floors and the white fireplace. Love the juxtaposition of the modern light and the more ornate candelabra. I think this is the most beautiful reading corner I've ever seen. I would love to snuggle in that chair with a good book and a cup of tea. Only thing is, I'd never come out. Image Desire to Inspire.

I just can't get enough of all white floors. When I buy my prefab ranch, I will have an open kitchen and all white floors. I adore the pop of yellow and orange against the all white background. I would love to hang a curtain like this to hide my kitchen. Image Living in Andyland.

I love this soft color scheme. Sage and lilac. I could live in this room. The Finn Juhl sofa is my favorite sofa of all times. Image Domino (now defunct).

I also keep a file of rooms I'd like to show my sister-in-law. This room makes me think of her. Her taste is a bit more traditional than mine. This chic room just screams effortless sophistication. It's formal and casual at the same time. Image Desire to Inspire.

This is another room for my sister-in-law's inspiration file. The bedroom she shares with my brother is currently decorated in brown and blue. I swear we were the first to think of it! Anyway, if she tires of that color scheme, she could easily update to brown and turquoise. And dig those wall recesses! She and I share the pottery sickness, she has plenty of pretty pieces she could display. Image The Style Files.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin