Friday, January 22, 2010

That's a wrap ... for now

The city has a habit of splashing paint in a lackadaisical fashion over guerrilla art. Honestly, I don't know why they bother. The street art looks so much better than these sloppy splashes, and our tax money would be better spent on enforcing the dog poop removal laws. Sorry for the digression, this is not a post about local politics. This is a post about the fascinating phenomenon of street art. I love photographing street art, the notion of rendering the impermanent permanent is fascinating to me (although not very Buddha-like). I imagine I photograph it in the same way it is painted. Quickly. I just finished a series of street art images. Some new, some old. Some already splashed over by the city. I'm always on the look out for new street art. Please click over to my photoblog to check it out. xxoo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin