Sunday, January 17, 2010

What to do with your toy collection, Vol. II

Dear readers, as you know I obsessed with urban vinyl toys. I'm not sure why I dig 'em so much. Maybe it's my interest in illustration. Plastic can actually bring the creatures we envision to life, it's amazing. I am always interested in toys as art as well as the artful display of toys. Here are a few examples, hope you enjoy!

This awesome grandfather clock by Ryan McElhinney is made of Buzz Lightyear, Hulk, etc. figures painted white. Makes me want to run out to Target to buy some Hulk figures to spray paint. Image via Yatzer.
This is another image from Yatzer. The homeowners have their Pez collection lined up on the back wall of the room. I love this kind of cohesive display of a collection. Even though they have a rather large collection, the room still looks uncluttered.

Here is an example of a wonderful display of toys and games. I apologize for the poor quality of the image, but I'm sure you get the idea. I'm having trouble with .gif files. If anyone has any pointers for me, please contact me. Thanks so much! Image via flickr user famapa. She also has a marvelous photo blog called My Funny Eye, check it out. For more examples of toys as art, see my previous post here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin