Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm really five years old



Foofa, Kiiro and Trey from Kid Robot. So ugly they are cute.

I am really a five-year-old stuck in a woman's body. I don't know what's going on, but I like urban vinyl toys and there is no explanation for it. I never really liked baby dolls, even though my mother bought many beautiful ones. After all, I had a baby brother and he was way better than any doll. My father worried about me. I had a beautiful baby carriage, and when he peered in to see who was in the carriage, there were my two favorite babies (besides my brother). My slinky pig and my troll. My dad shook his head and said, "I worry about this child, she roots for the underdog."

Such mysterious words. I had no idea what an underdog was. I knew it had something to do with the mysterious words we recited every morning while facing the flag. "I pledge allegiance .... one nation, underdog...." Years later, I learned what an underdog is, and I guess my dad was right. I do root for the underdog. Maybe that's why I like urban toys. They are designed by guerrilla artists, who are now being recognized for their talent.
I'd like to see these in my baby carriage, or peeking out of a holiday stocking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin