Friday, April 23, 2010

through tears, or i see in color

Art is unexplainable. Yet, in our humanness we constantly attempt to explain it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's a compulsion borne of being wired for language. I've always looked at things strangely. I can stare at a wall for long periods of time. What people don't know is that I see colors in movement.Just an ordinary wall, right? But combined with vegetation and wind, it becomes a cacophony of color.

Which I am always trying to translate. This is why movement is a part of my paintings. Because movement is color. Sounds are also colors. This is both blessing and curse. Sometimes I am in awe of the symphony before my eyes. Other times, it overwhelms and nauseates me and I wish I could have a break.

Images by Peggy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin