Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Painting

Dear readers, I humbly submit my newest painting:


"Tar, Baby," 2010, 18" x 24", acrylic on canvas.
As you know, I am only happy with about two out of ten of my paintings. I am pleased to report that I am happy with this one. This painting started out as a fun work, to free up my creativity and get me back into the swing of painting in a new environment. The various influences for this painting are described below. These influences include the tar designs in the street made by the city, ghostly colors and, of course, the colors of the Cleveland sky. What is not apparent in this work is that I have finally mastered a stroke that has been eluding me for a long time. No one will ever know. But me. I'll know, and that's good enough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin