Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I want to meet .... Lenny Kravitz


I adore Lenny Kravitz, both his music and his style. I read an essay today about the fact that Lenny is designing wallpaper. I think the wallpaper pictured above is totally fab (and goes well with my current love of gray). This prompted an internet search, and I wasn't surprised to find that he is a designer of beautiful rooms as well. The essay states that it's hard to take a pop star seriously when they turn to design. Hogwash. Lenny is a creative type. And creativity seldom limits itself to one venue. Think of the creative people you know, and how everything they do has flair. Oh well, this is not meant to be a dissertation on creativity, this is meant to be a post about Lenny.

I've never had a job I enjoyed, so I always admire creative people who are able to make their dreams come true. I've had many highly stressful jobs. At one particular job, we had to be on the ready at all times to react to emergencies. These emergencies often happened at five to five the night before a holiday. The team would often start to cry as we called families and friends to cancel plans. We often worked until midnight, weekends, holidays. It was insane. One thing got us through. Lenny. One of the women brought in a Bose. Through our tears we would look at each other and say, "Lenny?" We'd all nod and say, "Lenny." Then we'd play one CD after another. Lenny got us through those horrible nights. We got into a groove and cranked out the work. My friends didn't mind that I sang "when I look in my little girl's eyes" loudly and badly. Nor did they mind my rendition of, "if you can't say no, just think about me..." Lenny provided camaraderie for the team, and made those times bearable. It's a true artist who touches your soul like this. Thanks for that, Lenny.

Oh and BTW - can you deny that he is a fab designer? Dig this room he designed. He also designed that sofa. Love the black walls. I think HGTV should give him a show, its ratings would go through the roof. Images via New York Times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin