Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blog Envy

This summer I had the good fortune to work for a short time as an artist's assistant on an installation piece. My part in the project was very small, but it was nonetheless gratifying. And it was amazing to learn how much planning goes into an installation piece. It's mind boggling. The best part is that I got to meet the artist Olga Ziemska. I've written about Olga before, see previous post here.


Here is a preview of Olga's work at the new Roe Green Center for the School of Theatre and Dance at Kent State University. I haven't gone to see it yet, but I will soon.

I'd like to discuss a topic with other bloggers, which I am sure you are familiar. Blog envy. When I looked at Olga's blog I felt envious. I wanted to trash my blog and start over. Why is my blog so wordy? Why can't I be more austere and lyrical in my words? I was utterly engaged by the simplicity of it. Does this ever happen to you? Do you sometimes see a blog that is so artistic you feel envious? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Well let me know if you want me to redesign your blog again?? lol ;)

I know how you feel. I am always changing my blog!! I just look at mine as it is "very me". There is always going to be a prettier more popular blog out there! It is a never ending battle!!! Just be you and say what you want and post what you want. :)

Peggy said...

Hi Jessie! It's not the design of the blog - I looove that. :) It's my content I started to doubt. But I suppose we all go through that. That's the miracle of the blogosphere. There is room for all of our unique voices.

kim. said...

Try having a really eloquent blog partner. Makes my post intros sound like shit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin