Sunday, February 28, 2010

Falling in love with blue

Dear readers, as you know, I've spent quite a bit of time obsessing over darkly romantic rooms. I adore the use of black, gray and purple. I love the smouldering, mysterious look of a feminine room done in edgy colors. But. It's turquoise that's obsessing me for Spring. Such a fresh and uplifting color. And pale blue is making my heart swoon. Let's examine blue and turquoise for the next several days, shall we?

I adore purple sofas. This sofa looks sweet with the little blue table and the blue and pink painting. For a smoldering touch a gray rug has been added. The rug remains fresh looking because of the pale blue table. An ingenious touch adding to the freshness is the pop of the yellow pillow. Yellow is another big color this Spring. All in all a fabulous use of color. (Please contact me if you know the source of this image.)

I believe this is actually an ad for wall paper, but it is the Holmegaard Carnaby vase that is making me swoon. I always have my eye out for one of these at flea markets and second hand stores, but I've never found one. I adore pale blue glass vases. (See post regarding another favorite, Morgantown Bristol, here.)

Another fabulous use of color. The pale blue of these curtains adds a fresh touch. Notice the black and white art to the left, providing just the right amount of edge. Image The Cross Decor and Design. As you know, I've been contemplating adding a couple of small black touches to my decor. This room proves it can be done and still keep the room looking fresh and airy.
...

Speaking of edge, just look at this incredibly gorgeous room. I dropped my jaw when I saw it. Let's look closer. Funky lighting, check. Pillows, check. Large painting, check. Blue glass, check. This is a very clever use of color. Blue for freshness and black adding romance. Image via The Style Files. This room sent me straight to my closet where I pulled out the following pillows.
...
I love royal blue, turquoise and silver together. Image by Peggy.


As you know, any color I decide to use in my home is going to be juxtaposed with large doses of pink. Fortunately, pink goes with any color. I had blue and pink on my mind when I did the above painting. It may not be Spring just yet, but it's not too early to start Spring cleaning and Spring decorating! xxoo


2 comments:

Artist said...

The combination of royal blue, turquoise and silver is really beautiful. I like it too. As being synesthete I live a life in colors. Synesthesia means that I see colors when I see words and numbers.I transform this in paintings of names and birthdays.

Peggy said...

Dear Artist, thanks for visiting. I have been reading a lot about synesthesia recently, though I've had it all my life. I see movements and sounds in colors, which is why I am always attempting to resolve color dilemmas. Sometimes it results in sensory overload, giving me migranes and nausea.

I have visited your site and find your art fascinating. Do you also dream in color? I dream in vivid color and was surpised to learn that not everyone does.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin