Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Large paintings as anchors

In writing my rules for decorating, I wrote of my preference for original paintings in decor. I prefer large paintings rather than groupings of small pieces of art. Clusters of small art look cluttered to me, and I adore the way a large painting can anchor each space in your home. I especially love seating areas anchored by a large painting. Have a look at some of the pictures in my inspiration file. Hope you enjoy! (Please note credit is given to the designers of the room, or where I got the image. Unfortunately, I don't know who the painters are. If you know any of these artists, please contact me.)
---


Both of these beautiful images are from flickr user Spring Globe. I especially love the colors and texture of the painting in the second picture - and dig that chair!

Sara Dorio.

Miles Redd.

This is Glamorous via Plush Palate.

Apartment Therapy. I'd like to tweak this room a tad. I would edit the small photo on the wall, and turn the painting horizontally. Oh well, I still adore the painting.



Above two images via Villa & Villa.

Miles Redd.



Source unknown for above two images, probably Apartment Therapy.

Image via Absolutely Beautiful Things. Convinced yet? I could go on and on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin