Friday, February 8, 2008

In Progress

Remember the dining room chairs I found on the curb, that I wrote about here? I finally took the pink vinyl to a seamstress to make pillows. Sadly, I don't sew. And since I don't have a sewing machine (nor the room for one) I'm not going to learn now. I pick the pillows up Saturday. I can't wait to see them!

Even though a project is in the works, my place must look cute during the week. So I thought I'd contemplate white and negative space. Negative space can be as beautiful as works of art because it is full of potential. I wish I could paint my floor white. One day when I buy a ranch home, I will have a white floor. Now I wish the pillows were going to be white vinyl rather than pink! Oh well, I can always have another set made so that I can change them on a whim.
I think I'm going to make a new painting for this area after I pick up the pillows. Something with some yellow in it. I've been craving yellow. Probably because I am craving the sun.

I am currently contemplating this painting, which is in progress. Part of me loves this painting the way it is, and part of me is itching to add more paint.


I've been experimenting more and more with adding glass pieces with my ceramic collection. When arranging vessels, I always lean towards asymmetry. Decorating my apartment is my favorite thing in the world. Who knows what it will look like Monday? I will be sure to keep you posted.

3 comments:

kim. said...

I can't wait to see your pillows - and I think pink is the PERFECT choice. I'm not biased, I think white would be boring on white chairs. But that's just me. OHHH...I bought a vase the other day and thought of you! LOL

Peggy said...

Ha, Kim! Was it a pink vase?

kim. said...

HA...NO. It's limey green. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow. I seem to tire of vases easily - and it crossed my mind that I can just send them to you when that happens!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin