Thursday, February 14, 2008

Two of my favorite things: vases and lamps

I went window shopping today, and I obsessed about my two favorite things: vases and lamps. Sometimes I get overwhelmed because there are so many beautiful things.  I want beautiful things, but not too many.  I like to think of myself as a curator rather than a collector.


Saw this cute lamp at Chic et Mode. I've been searching for a lamp for my living room. Thought about this one for a minute. It's darling, but not quite right.


Thinking of ordering this lamp from Le Souk. I adore porcelain. It's modern, white, and has a Moroccan feel to it. I think it would fit into my place very well. It would go with my new votive candle holders from CB2. These are the most beautiful porcelain. Only $1.99 each. May order more of them.




My Wilma bowl also arrived from CB2. I paired it with this funky, organic vase from Old Time Pottery. Both are more witty than my usual taste, but I like them.



Since I seem to be gravitating toward organic shapes, I'm thinking of ordering the Asteriod vase from Rare Device.


I've been seeing a lot of embellished vases lately, which inspired me to put my prayer beads on this vase from CB2.
I also adore the Meridian lamps from Design Public. These are cool because you can choose the fabric you want.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin