Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Redemptive Power of Doodles











Musician Mika Sasaki and artist Yuichiro Fujimoto believe that doodles have redemptive powers. And to prove their point, PowerShovel Books has published these marvelous companion volumes. Wouldn't it be fun to read these books while listening to Sasaki's music?

Doodles have helped me get through many boring meetings. I find that I constantly doodle, and am now working on a project to translate many of my doodles to paintings.








I have notebooks full of them!

Doodles are also a great way to free creativity. There is nothing better than a blank notebook and a marker. With doodles there is no judgment. You don't even have to be a great artist with doodling. Oftentimes doodling is a fascinating artform because it is so earnest and free.

Do you doodle? I would love to see some of your doodles, send me an email and maybe I'll feature you here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin