Friday, February 1, 2013

I Love...Duct Tape!

The artistry of people never ceases to amaze me!  They can take anything and make art with it.  I love all the art made with duct tape I've been seeing.  Have you seen the amazing colors the tape comes in?  I also love art made from unexpected materials and  the whole upcycling thing.  Here's a few great examples:



Chair purse and suit all by Emilie Autumn.  How amazing are these pieces?
My niece Maggie makes amazing creations out of duct tape.  Here she is modeling a fab pair of sandals she made.
She made me this adorable clutch bag for Christmas.  It's even in my favorite color!  I love it.


I love this photo of Cindy McCain by Adam Bouska.  This isn't exactly what I was thinking about when I decided to do a post on duct tape, but I like to sneak in a little political message whenever I can, and I've been saving this picture for a while.

As you know, I've been obsessing about having a silver ottoman forever, but it's not in the budget.  Perhaps this is a way I can have one!  I'll make one with duct tape.  It could start a whole new obsession, though.  If you like to see a lame DIY I did with duct tape, click here.  Stay tuned to see my new experiment in duct tape.

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Cindy McCain is one of the few Republicans I like. Love her message.

Don't buy Duck brand duct tape. It's American-made but it doesn't stick! I just bought a roll and it's not cheap. Six or seven dollars. Needed to rig something up on one of the horse's stall doors but it was worthless.

Speaking of your nurse, how is your health?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin