Friday, March 12, 2010

My collections, part 3: my favorites on display

Dear readers, I've written quite a bit about downsizing and collections over the past couple of days. I'm sure it must be boring and that no one is interested in this process but me. I'm not sure why I feel the need to process, but I do. Enjoying mundane details eases a lot of stress for me. I hope you will humor me. Here are my current favorites on display in my apartment. As you can see, it's still a lot of stuff.
Part of my ceramic, glass and pillow collection. I have so many pillows, I will probably get rid of some. But I think most of these pieces will make the move with me. Keeping my collection of ceramics vertical really helped with making the place look less cluttered.

A corner of favorites. These are a couple of my favorite pieces of ceramic. And my precious Dee Adams painting. I love this little bookcase. I went through a massive purge of books several years ago. I used to have hundreds of books. I don't really miss them (except for my rare feminist writings). With the internet, I don't need magazines, books, DVDs and CDs like I used to. These will all be making the move with me.


A shelf in my kitchen. Some of my favorite pieces. My collection of promotional postcards will be making the move.

A shelf in my bathroom with a few of my favorite toys. I like displaying them in pairs. My toy collection is neatly packaged in a plastic bin and will be making the move with me. I hope to someday donate my collection to someone very special who loves toys and graphic art as much as I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin