Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graphic Art

Here's a few things that make interesting art:  Big, graphic statements.  Variations on a theme.  Seemingly mundane objects raised to the level of art.  The Midyette Family does all these things very well with their paintings of coffee cups they collected from New York City.  Image via Apartment Therapy.


Fab!  I want them.  The paintings are simple, graphic and colorful.  Since the theme is repeated, it appears as one large piece of art. Perfect display and accent lighting.  Great job!

2 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Cool!

I wrote a story about my purple dining room for the blog just so I could post a picture for you to see, lol. It's up. Now the style is not anything like your style. And you will see that I decorate each house differently. But I hope you can appreciate my creativity.

Peggy said...

Hi Greener! I'll head over and check out your purple dining room! Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin