Saturday, July 25, 2009

Painting Schizophrenia

It feels good to be painting again. My painting continues to be experimental. I am having fun, but the perfectionist in me is feeling frustrated. There is a stroke that eludes me. I can see it clearly, but I can't seem make my hand do what my brain wants. Perhaps I need an easel. I've been painting on the floor for a long time, and it is limiting. Here is what my apartment looks like when I am working on paintings.


Yuk! I need a studio! I hate clean up. It would be so great to just close the door on the mess!

Here are my latest works. All are 24" x 30", acrylic on canvas.


These colors are unusual for me.

I love these colors. I've previously shown this canvas, but more paint has been added.


Not sure if this one is done yet. The strokes are not quite as perfect as I wanted.

This is a collaborative piece that my nephew GG and I did. It was great fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin