Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love of a Blue Dog and Da Prez



I love the Blue Dog paintings by George Rodrigue. Blue is always bewildered, as if he doesn't know how he came to be where he is. Blue's disorientation took on a sweetness when Wendy, Rodrigue's muse and wife, came into his life. See this sweet tale in his book entitled Blue Dog Love.


For some reason, when I look at the blue dog paintings, I think about David Byrne of the Talking Heads. Maybe it's the eyes. I think David defined disorientation when he asked "How did I get here?" in their song Once in a Lifetime. (Image from Tom Sheehan.)

And speaking of once in a lifetime - for the first time in my life I'm excited about politics. Da Prez doesn't look like he's asking "How did I get here?" Nor does he look disoriented.






No indeed, he looks like he's in his element. Like he's right where he belongs. And I like that. Go 'Bama! (Images from Vanity Fair, I highly recommend this article.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin