Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's a pleasure to wash dishes

Image from flickr user kozyndan.

I actually washed the dishes today! Of course I didn't look anywhere near this chic, but I was so grateful to be able to stand long enough to wash dishes. I have been flat on my back for almost five days. Funny the things we take for granted. I've listened to the work of Thich Nhat Hanh many times, and I've known it intellectually. But today, I felt it.

My body is sending a rather potent message, and I have some decisions to make. I would love to have a newer, larger apartment and new furniture. But at what cost? Do things sometimes imprison us in souless jobs that rob our lives? I have been craving a new fab lamp. But do I really need it?

1 comment:

Sas said...

Dear Peggy,

Loved this post,I have the same things on my mind lately.

I also believe it is very healthy to consider from time to time why you want something. And where that nead is coming from, it is a beautiful self reflection.

Take care and thanks for sharing,
will search for my book by Thich Nath Hahn now :)

hugs Sas

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin