Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Inspiration from Elle Decoration, et al.




If you're a lover of Moroccan Style you must pick up this month's Elle Decoration, UK Edition. There is a fabulous photo layout of Moroccan Style. I love the textures and the ethereal lighting and mood provided by the lanterns. These beautiful pictures make me want to get rid of everything and start over in my home. (There is also a marvelous layout of East Meets West.)

I love the organic shape of the Fat Fat table by Patricia Urquiola (her other designs are fascinating as well). I love the porcelain lanterns by Pol's Potten, though I couldn't find them online. Lighted pottery, what could be better?

The colors and fabrics of India and Morocco are so sensual. If you are in the mood for a sensual experience, you must visit these blogs on Indian design:
Rang Decor and An Indian Summer.

And, if you haven't seen it already, you simply must see Maryam's My Marrakesh.

I suggest one rainy morning, sit with a good coffee or tea in your most elegant cup, and treat yourself to these three posts. If you don't have an itch to travel - you will after you read these blogs. If you are not fearless about using color - you will be after reading these wonderful blogs.

Here is a picture of the Indian shawl that I bought at a yard sale, which started this whole thought process, and the painting it inspired. I was listening to tantric music as I danced with this canvas. The swirls make me think of an opium den.


Opium Den, 2007
24" x 24", acrylic and glitter on canvas

This painting shimmers very romantically in the candle light. It's very erotic. I think I'd like to do a series of trance dance paintings.

1 comment:

Vineeta said...

gorgeous post! this is my most favourite painting & I didn't know it was inspired by an indian shawl. Here in India they are called "chunni" or "duppatta" :)And i absolutely love the new look of your blog. Its a lot easier on the eye :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin