Tuesday, May 28, 2013

keeping my promise

okay.  i admit it.  this is a little scary.  but i'm keeping my promise - for better or worse.  here is a recent pic of me.  thanks to everyone who sent emails asking for pics!  i am so grateful to those who take the time to read this humble little blog of mine - you make it all worthwhile!

this is a recent pic, my sister-in-law and i were at target.  i guess that's not too bad for an old, fat, sick, broke-ass bitch.  and, oh yeah, i have NO makeup on.  my illness causes my eyes to swell, so often it is impossible and too painful to wear makeup.  i miss it so much!  but i'm still a girl and i still find ways to be fabulous.  being a girl is fun at any age!  i've beat myself up pretty much my whole life for being "ugly."  and others beat me up too. my dad (who abused us often) punched me in the face as a child and shattered my nose, upper jaw and right eye socket.  (all details of said abuse are in my tell-all autobiography that i am working on.)  i tell you this not for pity, but as a story of triumph.  i am happy to admit that i am finally comfortable with who i am.  it only took me 52 years.

here's a little bonus shot of my toes, since i love ya'll so much.  my toenails are painted in the most fabulous shade of orange - i guess you'll have to take my word for it since the photo makes the nail polish look red.  :)

stay tuned this week for an exciting line up!  next post will be a special edition of lamp tramp. then we will talk about collecting and living simply. wrapping up the week i have more fashion fun!  hope you had a great weekend dear readers!  xo

4 comments:

kim. said...

hey cute stuff! some hot lip gloss is all you need. eye makeup is over-rated anyway. :)

Jessie said...

Yay! So glad to see you finally on the blog. I love the cute little profile picture of you as well. Those sandals are adorable!!!

Jennifer Peters said...

Hi Peggy--CUTE picture of you. You are beautiful, don't sell yourself short. Also, I can't wait to read your book. Writing a book is also a dream of mine. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

You are beautiful. Both on the inside and outside. How you have such a wonderful and pleasant attitude after what you've shared is what it means to be a very, very strong woman. You are such a sweetheart. Smile because you are very beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin