Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Processing - Weekend Vignettes and Preparing to Make Art

Dear readers, I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  Where does the time go?  I had a busy three day weekend creating art.  I'd love to share my processing and how it's going to impact my decor for Fall.  I hope you will take this journey with me.  Creativity is fun!  There is nothing I enjoy more than creating art and decorating my humble apartment.  And as you know, I do it with no money, and stuff I already have in my closet.  Let's have some fun, shall we?

I elected to create without music this time, not sure why.  Wanted the quiet, but that was almost impossible because the Blue Angels were in town for Labor Day, and flying right over my head.  It literally sounds like the sky is opening up when they fly by.  I thought they'd drive me crazy, but when I went into my art zone I was able to tune them out.  I had a minimal painting in my mind.  A shape, and a color that haunts. Still staying away from toxins at the moment, so I knew I'd have to get inventive with markers, cut paper and maybe crayons.  As you know, when I am processing I start by moving things around things in my apartment and experimenting with different vignettes.  I need the perfect balance.  To set the stage, so to speak.
 
I've been wanting to experiment with more organic touches, and I found this vase at the Dollar Store.  Yep.  I paid $1.00 for it.  I've been wanting something wood, and am really digging the idea of wooden bowls right now.  Actually, I'm not even sure it's real wood, it might be resin.  It's still kinda cool and a pretty shaped vase.  I'm not sure I like it in my space, though.  Maybe it's for Haley's loft.  Or maybe I should spray paint it white?  I really wanted these beautiful vases from Chiasso, but I didn't want to spend the money.
Aren't they gorgeous?  Maybe I can spray paint my new vase in a pearly glaze and it would look similar to these.  Oh wait.  Spray paint is a toxin.  Darn.

You know, I've never really been interested in jewelry or diamonds, although I do love costume jewelry.  I don't need fine jewels, but I love Tiffany boxes.  The color is so beautiful.  I love the way that color pops off the pink vases.  These boxes are part of an installation piece I am working on.  Installation art is madly fascinating.  The preparation of an installation can utterly absorb me and become the dominating force in my life.  It's like being in a trance, and it's pure heaven.  I need a Betsey Johnson hot pink box for this installation but - you guessed it - I don't want to spend the money.  Betsey is totally fab, though.  I've written about her on this blog several times (see previous posts here).
My sister-in-law and I recently did a Target run.  It was odd, now that I'm not in corporate America, I don't do Target runs with the same regularity.  And I don't really miss it.  Now that the Target close to my home is one of those mega-huge stores, the inventory is not what it was.  The smaller store (now closed) had better and edgier buyers.  This large store has become rather, um, homogenized.  Hate to say it.  Not really faulting them, we need design for the masses, but I think they need to step up their game a little (although I am digging these pillows they have, lamp from Habitat).  Sorry, I digress.  Anyway, the chair was on sale for $7.00.  It was great sitting on my deck tonight.  I love the cooler weather we've been having.  Fall is my favorite time of year.
Remember my last incarnation of my living room?  This is number 16.  When I look at this picture I am bothered by the lack of balance on either side of the sofa.  That little table really doesn't work, but it will have to do.  I want an over sized lamp and some intentional distortion of scale, but I still feel like the little table  needs something larger.  Since the lamp is tall, maybe I'll move it to the small table.  It casts a beautiful, romantic glow at night, so it's probably good to have it in the corner anyway.  How to make this area look more balanced with a little table that's not really working?  Stay tuned for my next reveal. 
I went to the closet to pull out some of my vases.  Here is the new vignette on the table, but who knows how it will look tomorrow.  Now, that I have some balance, it's time to make art.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin