Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Dee Adams Painting!

For the past two days I've been waiting breathlessly for the UPS driver.


Yesterday he finally showed up at my door with a big package of love from Dee Adams! And here it is in all its gorgeousness!


My first Dee Adams painting! The painting is profoundly entitled "I don't wear makeup." I fell in love with this painting during my recent illness. Though fully recovered, my illness caused me to reconsider the trappings of makeup. I am in love with these colors. The brush strokes are enviably perfect and smooth. Something I strive to achieve in my own work. I love her work so much, I plan to become a collector.

Of course, the painting spurred me to rearrange my apartment. I am pleased with the way it turned out. The painting is a welcome addition. I will show you the new incarnation of my apartment tomorrow. See previous post about Dee's work, here. I am overwhelmed by your generosity, Dee. Thank you so much! xxoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a serious fascination with making every line perfect. No masking was used, it was all done freehand and quite painstakingly. Thanks for having me in your amazing home. Lots of love always. Dee-

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin