Thursday, October 4, 2007

Scrap Art










These collage/multi-media works have never been seen by anyone (besides me). So much art is hiding in my closet that wants to be shared. I've been very shy about showing my art, but blogging has helped me immensely with this shyness. Like most artists I know, I am always working on many creative projects at the same time, and I make such a mess. One day after exhausing myself, I became fascinated by the scraps I had left everywhere and assembled them into these collages. Sometimes a small piece will fascinate me so much that I reproduce it on a large canvas.
These pieces were done in 2005 and are approximately 8" x 5.5". Materials are: acrylic, markers, staples, cardboard.

5 comments:

Vineeta said...

Peggy!!! this is gorgeous! I swear. Put it on your etsy quickly- that is- if u want to sell it, cause if u do these wil fly off the shelf. My favourites are pictures 2,3,4 & 5 from the top.

You just stun me with new stuff each time & when i see you I ask myself if I do enough. What an inspiration you are!

Making it Lovely said...

Yes, beautiful! I love the first one especially… I'm imagining it in my dining room buffet. ;)

Peggy said...

Thank you Vineeta and Nicole!

Everything I post is for sale, I just haven't set up a paypal account lately (I've been bitten by the procrastination monster).

Nicole, it would be such a huge honor to see one of my pieces on your beautiful home.

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

All of these put together are like an art installation. Beautiful work Peggy! Pls don't hide any more of what you create!

Jessie said...

I love these!!! You know I love collages too. You did a wonderful job on this. I didn't like posting about my magazine collages, I was shy too. They were for me though, and I don't really care if others like them. lol ;) You need to frame them now!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin