Friday, June 21, 2013

Traveling the U.S.in a Camper - First Destination

Good morning, dear readers!  In the post below, I wrote about my fantasy of living in a small camper and traveling the U.S.  I know exactly what my first destination would be - of course it is the journey that really matters - not the destination.  But, it has always been a dream of mine to see Mt. Rushmore.  I mean, how amazing that faces have been carved so lovingly into the side of a mountain.  Of course, Abraham Lincoln and I are soul mates, so any Lincoln memorial is of utmost fascination to me.  As you know, my friend Jessie has recently traveled the U.S. quite a bit.  One of her stops was Mt. Rushmore.  Fortunately for us less well-traveled folks, she took some amazing pics!  Have a look.




Honest Abe.  I love you!  More about Abe in subsequent posts.  Thanks for sharing your journey Jessie!  You don't have to leave the U.S. to have a great time.  There's plenty to see right here.  Although, I also dream of going to Europe...and Peru....and Germany.....Greece..... etc.  I hope I can share pics of Mt. Rushmore in the near future.

What about you, dear readers?  What would be your first destination if you were traveling the U.S.?  I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin