Friday, June 14, 2013

Some Quick Thoughts Before Friday Fashion Fun

Hello dear readers!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned.  It's beautiful weather here in Ohio, cool and kinda breezy and gray.  My favorite!  My head has been spinning of late with so many thoughts.  Not a complaint really, I am grateful God has blessed me with such an active, creative mind.  However, sometimes it is hard to find focus.  Writing a book is more work than I ever could have imagined!  Authors get mad props from me today.

I dearly love blogging.  Though I have a degree in Communication, I don't think I fully understood the profundity of my education at the time.  The technology is nothing short of miraculous. This humble, little blog is a great tool for reaching out to like minded people, getting feedback from people, increasing my confidence and organizing my thoughts.  Thank you, dear readers, for allowing me to take the journey with you.  As you know, this blog is always a work in progress.  There is even more exciting stuff coming up.

I received a kind email from the daughter of the principal who was slain in the hideous attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School. Today is the six month anniversary of that incomprehensible event.  The passionate side of me wants to take action and to write a diatribe on the need to eradicate weapons from our society.  I want to change the world.  I know, it's arrogant.  Who am I?  I get so overwhelmed, as I am sure you do too.  There are efficient ways to take action using social media, and we will touch on some of those next week.

For today, I think I need some rest.  Every morning I open my Course in Miracles to a random page.  Since I am merely God's conduit, I use the Course as a tool to help bring focus to where my energy should go that day. Today the Course is reminding me to rest.  We cannot affect positive change if we don't take care of ourselves.

Since it's Friday, why don't we turn our focus to beauty?  Art and beauty are not superficial, nor shallow.  They are reminders that there are so many talented people on this planet, and there is so much to be grateful for.  I am looking forward to a quiet and peaceful weekend.  I hope you are too. Remember to hug your loved ones and the trees.  Next post is a celebration of fun fashion!  As always, thanks for reading!  xo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin