Saturday, April 9, 2011

So many ideas, so little time....

Dear readers, are our homes ever done?  If you are like me - and I know you are - you have a long list of things you'd like to do to your home.  Even if you are a renter.  I have a very long list, and a fat inspiration folder.  I'm kind of surprising myself how colorful my inspiration folder is for Spring.  I used to decorate in all white!  I know, hard to believe.  But now I am addicted to color.  Here's a couple of ideas I'd like to try in my apartment.

My apartment is a quirky attic apartment.  The living area is a strange L shape, with two alcoves.  I still miss my studio apartment, I love how open it felt.  I've been thinking of moving my bed to the living area and making it into a Moroccan-inspired daybed.  Then I'd  move my studio to the bedroom.  The benefit of this would be that I could shut the door on my painting mess.  Right now when I work on a painting, I do it on the living room floor.  It's a pain to pull the supplies from the closet, and a pain to put away.  Sometimes I get an idea and then don't even bother because I don't feel like the prep and clean up.

I love this idea for the day bed!  A fabric covered headboard that wraps around the corner.  I'd pile it high with pillows.  I know using too many pillows is breaking one of the popular design rules.  But I don't care!  I love them.  They are an easy way to add color and satisfy my urge for textiles.  I even love them piled on the floor, thanks to Tricia Guild.  Image via The Style Files.
I'm really unhappy with this part of my apartment.  I hate those mirror tiles!  I asked the landlord if I could take them down and he said no.  And don't even get me started on the yukky beige my walls are.  My whole apartment needs a coat of paint, but I don't think I'll be living here that long.

I saw this picture on Desire to Inspire and fell in love.  It's from a reader's home.  I love the black and white chevron-inspired pattern on the fabric.  I also adore the dresser sitting in front of it, flanked by pillows.  It's got a great Moroccan vibe to it.  I may do something like this.  Dressers are not just for bedrooms, they are great for storage.  Here's a couple of rugs I'd like to have for Spring.

I like this one for the awkward area I'm describing.  I love this rug!  It's kinda Bohemian, and kinda girly.  It's 3" x 5".  I'd like to order two and sew them together.  Every time I see a rug like this I think I should take up crocheting again.  I used to make purses when I was a teenager.

I like this one for the living area.  It also kinda scares me.  I may be going too OTT with color and pattern.  Of course, if I had this fab rug, I'd have to have an acrylic table.  Wouldn't want to hide this rug with a coffee table.  Images from Urban Outfitters.  What about you, dear readers?  What new things would you like to do to your home for Spring?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin