Thursday, September 23, 2010

I wasn't supposed to be shopping....

With my move just days away, I wasn't supposed to be shopping. Thoughts of color, furniture placement and herb gardens happily danced in my head. I didn't need to confuse the issue. But.... I did need black curtains for my bedroom. So I stopped at Target.

I saw these onion shaped, smoky glass vases and swooned.

They'd look great combined with a few of these luxurious gray pillows. Hmm. Maybe I should do my apartment in plums, grays and smoky tones like this room (featured in a previous post here). But no, I don't want to start over, I've already decided on my color scheme. I have more-than-enough stuff and I don't need to spend more money.

These over-sized black vases had a matte finish and they made me swoon. They would look great on my deck and could provide privacy. But they were $29 and I'd need about 10 of them. Not to be.
Okay, I buckled. I couldn't help it. I bought one of these black ottomans. I mean look at those babies, aren't they gorgeous? $39.00. I still have the receipt in my purse in case I decide to return it, I'm having a little buyer's remorse. But will you look at that baby?

Since I was close by, I dropped the baby off at my new place. Here's a preview of the colors I'll be using. Hot pink is my favorite color, so there will be lots of it. I'm going totally glam. It's going to be an awesome girl cave.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

LOL! I am going to try super hard NOT to buy a lot of new stuff for my apartment! It is hard though! IKEA just put all their XMAS stuff out and they have chrome planters! I have to have a chrome planter!!!!!

Peggy said...

Hi Jessie! I thought of you when I was at Target. Somehow I knew you'd understand! :)

I need a bookcase in my kitchen. I have a funny space where one would fit and I'd like to put my teapots on it. I want your Billy bookcase! I just may have to plan a trip to Ikea.

When are you moving? I'm moving this weekend. I can't believe it. I still have so much to do, but I am in happy mode. So excited about decorating.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin