Thursday, September 20, 2007

Astronaut Jesus

I've got a thing for street art and for urban toys. I like the cute ones, though. Nothing bloody or violent for me, please. And I am especially in love with astronauts. Probably because I wish that I had become an astronaut. And anyone who has ever read my blog knows, I am in love with pink. So when I saw Doma's pink Astronaut Jesus, I about flipped. How totally cool.

Doma is a collective of artists from Argentina who started out as street artists. They are incredibly talented, and their site is a delight of energy and whimsy. Astronaut Jesus, according to Doma is "an elite member of astronaut gods that have come to our planet since the beginning of time to shape our civilization..." Groovy.

Pink Astronaut Jesus from My Plastic Heart. I think it is a very fine tribute to Christ to make him an astronaut and to make him pink. I would love to travel with this fine fella.

Astronaut Jesus from Doma.


And just look at this fab poster available from Kid Robot. The big J looks very serene here. I want it! And it matches a color scheme I've been seeing a lot of lately, yellow and red.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Really great post.

/// said...

HA! Oh my gosh, I LOVE LOVE this post. Hilarious. Thanks so much for the kitsch inspiration!

Jessie said...

I do like the poster alot. Has a very mod pop art kind of feeling. :)

Vineeta said...

Superb!! where do you dig these out from. Very different & interesting!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin