Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Color Story, Part 3

Here's a color scheme that I've been falling in love with and that is mint green, lavender and lilac. With pops of hot pink, of course. Every room needs a shot of hot pink in my opinion. It also gorgeous with with pale blue added.  The uber glamorous New York apartment of jewelry designer Marie-Helene de Taillac via Architectural Digest is a superb example of this color scheme.


Notice the use of both a lavender chair and a lilac chair. If you're interested in the difference between these two colors, please see my post below.


Ahh.  Divine.  I love those silver globes.


Gorgeous lamp. You know I'm a sucker for a blue glass lamp, especially if it resembles Murano. (To see more blue lamps, see my previous post.)  Images via The End of History. BTW - if you are a lover of glass and ceramic vessels, you need to check out The End of History. I can't believe I haven't done a post about their shop yet, but it is definitely on my list of places to visit next time I'm in NYC. Ha, listen to me sounding like a jet setter!  This is a wish of mine that may be coming true. Stay tuned.


Here is another fine example of this color scheme. Love the colors and the mid century modern feel to this room. Green sofa with mint green pillows. Wish there was a lilac pillow on that sofa! Aqua chair, blue chair and fuchsia chair. Seems like a lot of color, but it works because the room is so airy and there is a lot of white to balance the colors. Also, by keeping pattern to a minimum, you can get away with using a lot of vibrant colors.  This image is one I've had in my inspiration file for a long time, from the now-defunct Metropolitan Home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin