Monday, March 26, 2012

Design Overload, Part I: Shopping for Inspiration

I was on a wait list for quite sometime for my new apartment.  The time I spent waiting was spent obsessing over design, color schemes and what things I would take with me.  I was really torn on my color scheme.  Of course it would have lots of pink.  But would I have pink with yellow?  Pink with orange?  I also need turquoise, my second favorite color.  I love turquoise with yellow.  And some gray, my new favorite.  Love gray with purple.  Oh so many choices.  I haven't been shopping in quite a while, so decided to shop for some inspiration.  Even though I had no intention of buying anything until I got in my new place, it was fun.  Here are some of the cool things I saw.  Never a shortage of cool things to buy.  First stop Target.

Target had the coolest microwave ever.  I have an open kitchen in my new place, so maybe this Hello Kitty microwave would fit in well.  That brings up another design dilemma.  I love simplicity, but also love a graphic punch.
 
I am on the lookout for an oversize turquoise lamp.  I'm thinking of something ceramic, with some Dutch mid-century influence.  However, these glass lamps at Target were pretty sweet.  They are much prettier in person than in the picture. The picture makes them look sort of green, and they are more teal.  They would look great with an oversize shade.  I love the teal end table.  Reminds me of the teal I used in my kitchen shelving in my previous place.  (See previous post here.)

I don't really use red in my place, but these cute vases at Target were tempting.  I'd love to see these in my brother and sister-in-law's place.  On to TJ Maxx.

Where I saw this cute lamp with an over sized shape.  Even though it's for a little girl's room, I adore it!  I've always wanted to decorate a little girl's room, but I'd use this for myself.


I am completely smitten with this bench.  I'd love to have it in my entry way.

Also in love with this end table.
 
 And this dresser!  Love yellow with turquoise.

 Saw these beautiful pillows at Home Goods.  Love purple and gray together.

This is my sister-in-law's office with her new chair and pillow.  More proof that purple and gray look fab together.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

HELLO KITTY MICROWAVE!!!! AWESOME!!!
I pretty much love everything you posted pictures of!! :)

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I want to go shopping!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin