Monday, February 7, 2011

Tangerine Dreams

My dear friend Haley and I were sitting at a coffee shop recently perusing Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz's wonderful book, Emotional Rooms.  I know, I know, I've been writing about Benjamin too much lately, but I just can't help it.  His rooms are too sublime.  Haley picked out the following room as her favorite.

She loves the citrusy walls.  Her favorite colors are tangerine and yellow.  I love how the white furniture and accessories pop in this room, it looks so clean and fresh (I want that tall white decanter).  Turns out Haley was onto something without even knowing it.  But design is like that isn't it?  It's largely an intuitive process.  It seemed like serendipity when I read that tangerine is the color of the month on HGTV's blog.  This got me to thinking about tangerine.  Not just any orange, but a more romantic, mysterious, sweet shade of orange.  What a great color for spring.  It can be used in so many ways.

These tangerine lamps look great combined with the aqua dresser.  Image HGTV blog.


This beautiful quilt would make any room look like Spring.  Available at Urban Outfitters.


Isn't this chair and foot rest gorgeous?  Love the shape.  Love the color.  A great pop in an otherwise neutral room.  Available at Room and Board.
Swoon.  I love me some Jamie Drake.  He's one of my favorite designers (along with BNO).  No one does lilac better (as I've said before, see previous post here).  I love the pop of the soft tangerine chair and the lamp shades.

I love this tangerine settee.  Image via HGTV.

Love the accent wall.  Love the simple bedding.  Image Atelier Ligia Casanova.

Love the lamp and pillows.  Image Deluxe Rooms.

The colors in these rooms make me insanely happy.  I adore the color scheme of citrus, lemon, pink and fuchsia with generous amounts of white.   Image Brett Design, Inc. via The Zhush.

Style forecasters are also predicting tangerine will be the big color for lipsticks this Spring.  I love it.  Muted tones can be found for the girl who prefers a more natural look.  Neons are available for the more daring.
Okay, it's not orange, but it is neon - which is also big this Spring.  I couldn't help but show this fab lip color.  A hot pink in a flat tone.  I love it.  I've been getting a little tired of my glittery lipstick.


Generally, I don't care for one shouldered dresses.  They look incomplete to me.  But this beauty is an exception.  Love the draping of the fabric and the various shades of orange.  Looks almost like an updated sari.  I also love the bracelets.  It seems obvious to me that the fashion world will once again be influencing interior design (and vice versa) this Spring.  Images  Fashion is On and Lipstick & Marzipan.

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Yellow's my favorite color. My kitchen is all yellow. But tangerine is pretty too. Orange is the color of royalty. Doesn't look good on me though.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin